Palace of Parliament
The Palace of the Parliament (Romanian: Palatul Parlamentului), also known as the Republic's House (Casa Republicii) or People's House/People's Palace (Casa Poporului), is the seat of the Parliament of Romania, located atop Dealul Spirii in Bucharest, the national capital. The Palace reaches a height of 84 metres (276 ft), has a floor area of 365,000 square metres (3,930,000 sq ft) and a volume of 2,550,000 cubic metres (90,000,000 cu ft).
Stavropoleos Monastery (Romanian: Mănăstirea Stavropoleos), also known as Stavropoleos Church (Romanian: Biserica Stavropoleos) during the last century when the monastery was dissolved, is an Eastern Orthodox monastery for nuns in central Bucharest, Romania. Its church is built in Brâncovenesc style.
Lipscani is a street and a district of Bucharest, Romania, which from the Middle Ages to the early 19th century was the most important commercial area of the city and Wallachia. It is located near the ruins of the old Princely Court built by Vlad III the Impaler.
Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History
The Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History (Romanian: Muzeul Național de Istorie Naturală „Grigore Antipa”) is a natural history museum, located in Bucharest, Romania. It was originally established as the National Museum of Natural History on 3 November 1834.
Piața Unirii (Romanian pronunciation: [ˈpjat͡sa uˈnirij]; Unification Square or Union Square in English) is one of the largest squares in central Bucharest, Romania, located in the center of the city where Sectors 1, 2, 3, and 4 meet. Part of the Civic Centre, it is bisected by Unirii Boulevard, originally built during the Communist era as the Boulevard of the Victory of Socialism, and renamed after the Romanian Revolution.
Calea Victoriei (Victory Avenue) is a major avenue in central Bucharest. Situated in Sector 1, and having a length of 2.
National Museum of Contemporary Art
The National Museum of Contemporary Art (Muzeul Național de Artă Contemporană, or MNAC, in Romanian) is a contemporary art museum in Bucharest, Romania. The museum is located in a new glass wing of the Palace of the Parliament, one of the largest administrative buildings in the world.
Statue of Trajan and the She-wolf
The Statue of Trajan and the She-wolf is a statue by Vasile Gorduz located on the steps of the National Museum of Romanian History on Calea Victoriei in central Bucharest. It depicts a nude Trajan holding in his arms the Capitoline Wolf, which is doubled as the Dacian Draco, the war standard of the Dacians.
K. H. Zambaccian Museum
The Zambaccian Museum in Bucharest, Romania is a museum in the former home of Krikor Zambaccian (1889 –1962), a businessman and art collector. The museum was founded in the Dorobanți neighbourhood in 1947, closed by the Ceauşescu regime in 1977, and re-opened in 1992.
Sala Palatului (Palace Hall) in Bucharest, Romania is a conference centre and concert hall immediately behind the National Museum of Art of Romania, the former royal palace in the heart of the city. It was built between 1959 and 1960, during the communist era.
Romexpo, also known as Romexpo Dome or Romexpo Town, is a large exhibition center and indoor arena in Bucharest, Romania. It is primarily used for exhibitions, concerts, and sporting events.
House of the Free Press
The House of the Free Press (Romanian: Casa Presei Libere) is a building in northern Bucharest, Romania, the tallest in the city between 1956 and 2007. .
Lacul Morii ("Mill Lake") is the largest lake in Bucharest, with an area of 246 ha (610 acres). The lake is approximately 6 km (3.
Theodor Pallady Museum
The Theodor Pallady Museum is a museum situated in one of the oldest surviving merchant houses in Bucharest, Romania. It includes many works by the well-known Romanian painter Theodor Pallady, as well as a number of European and Oriental furniture pieces.
Foisorul de Foc
Foișorul de Foc (literally The Fire Tower) is a 42 metres (138 feet) high building in Bucharest, Romania, between Obor, Calea Moșilor, and Nerva-Traian. It was used in the past as an observation tower by the firemen.
Saint Joseph Cathedral
Saint Joseph Cathedral (Romanian: Catedrala Sfântul Iosif) is a historical and architectural monument located in Bucharest, Romania, at 19 General Berthelot Street. It is the main place of worship which serves as cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bucharest.
Charles de Gaulle Square
Charles de Gaulle Square (Romanian: Piața Charles de Gaulle) is a square in northern Bucharest, Romania. It lies at the intersection of Aviatorilor, Constantin Prezan and Primăverii Boulevards, and Calea Dorobanților.
Cașin Church (Romanian: Biserica Cașin), sometimes referred to as Cașin Monastery (Mănăstirea Cașin), is a Romanian Orthodox church located in Bucharest, at a large intersection a block away from Arcul de Triumf. It is dedicated to the Archangels Michael and Gabriel.
Mihai Voda Monastery
The Mihai Vodă Monastery, founded by Mihai Viteazul, is one of the oldest buildings in Bucharest. It was built in 1591, surrounded by stone walls, similar to a fortress.
St. Elefterie Church
The Old St. Eleftherios Church (Romanian: Biserica Sfântul Elefterie Vechi) is a Romanian Orthodox church located at 15B Sfântul Elefterie Street in Bucharest, Romania.
Keep the places you liked for later stored in your account.Sign up
Twitter for Travelling
Join for free
Wrld is like Twitter but for travelling minded people!
Top places around
Charles de Gaulle Square
Charles de Gaulle Square (Romanian: Piața Charles de Gaulle) is a square in northern Bucharest, Romania.View more
Lipscani is a street and a district of Bucharest, Romania, which from the Middle Ages to the early 19th century was the most important commercial area of the city and Wallachia.View more