The East Lancashire Railway
East Lancashire Railway is a 12. 5-mile (20 km) heritage railway line in North West England which runs between Heywood, Greater Manchester and Rawtenstall in Lancashire.
Gawthorpe Hall is an Elizabethan country house on the banks of the River Calder, in the civil parish of Ightenhill in the Borough of Burnley, Lancashire, England. Its estate extends into Padiham, with the Stockbridge Drive entrance situated there.
Bury Transport Museum
Bury Transport Museum is a transport museum in Bury, Greater Manchester, situated in the former Castlecroft Goods Warehouse, a Grade II listed building from 1846, on Castlecroft Road, with the main entrance from Bolton Street, BL9 0EY. It was started in 1973 by volunteers of the East Lancashire Railway, had to close in 2003 because of roof problems but opened again in 2010.
Rochdale Town Hall
Rochdale Town Hall is a Victorian-era municipal building in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England. It is "widely recognised as being one of the finest municipal buildings in the country", and is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building.
Witton Country Park
Witton Country Park is a 480-acre (1. 9 km²) public park in the west of Blackburn, Lancashire, England.
Blackburn Cathedral, officially known as the Cathedral Church of Blackburn Saint Mary the Virgin with St Paul, is an Anglican (Church of England) cathedral situated in the heart of Blackburn town centre, in Lancashire, England. The cathedral site has been home to a church for over a thousand years and the first stone church was built there in Norman times.
Bolton Steam Museum
Bolton Steam Museum is a museum in Bolton, Greater Manchester, England, which houses a variety of preserved steam engines. Based in the cotton store of the former Atlas Mill in Mornington Road, it is owned and run by the Northern Mill Engine Society (NMES).
Haworth Art Gallery
The Haworth Art Gallery is a public art gallery located in Accrington, Lancashire, northwest England, and is the home of the largest collection in Europe of Tiffany glass from the studio of Louis Comfort Tiffany. The museum, a Tudor-style house, was originally built in 1909 to be the home of William Haworth, a manufacturer of textiles.
Turton Tower is a manor house in Chapeltown in North Turton, Borough of Blackburn with Darwen, Lancashire, England. It is a scheduled ancient monument and a grade I listed building.
Helmshore Mills Textile Museum
Helmshore Mills are two mills built on the River Ogden in Helmshore, Lancashire. Higher Mill was built in 1796 for William Turner, and Whitaker's Mill was built in the 1820s by the Turner family.
Turton and Entwistle Reservoir
Turton and Entwistle Reservoir is a water reservoir in the village of Edgworth, Lancashire, England. The reservoir's existence is due to the Entwistle Dam.
The octagonal Jubilee Tower (officially called Darwen Tower) at grid reference SD678215 on Darwen Hill overlooking the town of Darwen in Lancashire, England, was completed in 1898 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee and also to celebrate the victory of the local people for the right to access the moor. It was opened to the public on 24 September 1898.
Ewood Park () is a football stadium in Blackburn, Lancashire, England, and the home of Blackburn Rovers F. C.
Bolton Market Hall is a listed building in Bolton, Greater Manchester that is now the Market Place Shopping Centre. The market hall and its integral ground-floor shops on Bridge Street, Corporation Street and Knowsley Street are included in the English Heritage listing.
The Haslingden Canal was a proposed canal link between the Bury arm of the Manchester Bolton & Bury Canal in Greater Manchester, England, and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal in Accrington, England, passing through Haslingden. 53°42′N 2°18′W Authorised by an Act of Parliament in 1794, the canal was not built.
Rochdale Pioneers Museum
The Rochdale Pioneers Museum is housed in the building where the Rochdale Equitable Pioneers Society started trading on 21 December 1844. The museum is regarded as the birthplace of the modern co-operative movement.
Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery
The Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery is the local museum service for the borough of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council. It is a museum with collections of Christian icons, Egyptian hieroglyphs, and local history, as well as those of the former Lewis Textile Museum.
Smithills Hall Museum
Smithills Hall is a Grade I listed manor house, and a scheduled monument in Smithills, Bolton, Greater Manchester, England. It stands on the slopes of the West Pennine Moors above Bolton at a height of 500 feet, three miles north west of the town centre.
Greenbooth Reservoir is a reservoir to the north of Heywood and close to Norden in the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale, within Greater Manchester, England. In 1846, Heywood Waterworks Company finished constructing the Naden Reservoirs (Lower Naden, Middle Naden and Higher Naden) in the valley above the village of Greenbooth.
Ye Olde Man & Scythe
Ye Olde Man & Scythe is a public house on Churchgate in Bolton, England. The earliest recorded mention of its name is in a charter from 1251, making it one of the ten oldest public houses in Britain and the oldest in Bolton.
Keep the places you liked for later stored in your account.Sign up
Twitter for Travelling
Join for free
Wrld is like Twitter but for travelling minded people!
Top places around
Brantwood is a historic house museum in Cumbria, England, overlooking Coniston Water.View more
Thackray Museum of Medicine
The Thackray Museum of Medicine in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, is a museum of the history of medicine adjacent to St James's University Hospital.View more
The Haslingden Canal was a proposed canal link between the Bury arm of the Manchester Bolton & Bury Canal in Greater Manchester, England, and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal in Accrington, England, passing through Haslingden.View more
Ewood Park () is a football stadium in Blackburn, Lancashire, England, and the home of Blackburn Rovers F.View more
Burrs Country Park
Burrs Country Park covers a 36 hectare (86 acre) site on the banks of the River Irwell, 1.View more