The Falkirk Wheel is a rotating boat lift in Tamfourhill, Falkirk, in central Scotland, connecting the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal. It reconnects the two canals for the first time since the 1930s.
Doune Castle is a medieval stronghold near the village of Doune, in the Stirling district of central Scotland. The castle is sited on a wooded bend where the Ardoch Burn flows into the River Teith.
Dunblane Cathedral is the larger of the two Church of Scotland parish churches serving Dunblane, near the city of Stirling, in central Scotland. The lower half of the tower is pre-Romanesque from the 11th century, and was originally free-standing, with an upper part added in the 15th century.
Church of the Holy Rude
The Church of the Holy Rude (Scottish Gaelic: Eaglais na crois naoimh) is the medieval parish church of Stirling, Scotland. It is named after the Holy Rood, a relic of the True Cross on which Jesus was crucified.
Argyll's Lodging is a 17th-century town-house in the Renaissance style, situated below Stirling Castle in Stirling, Scotland. It was a residence of the Earl of Stirling and later the Earls of Argyll.
Stirling Smith Art Gallery & Museum
Stirling Smith Art Gallery and Museum, formerly The Smith Institute, is an art and local history museum in Stirling, Scotland. The museum was founded in 1874 at the bequest of artist Thomas Stuart Smith.
Dunblane Museum is an historic building in the Scottish town of Dunblane, Stirling. Located in The Cross, immediately to the south of Dunblane Cathedral, it is a Category A listed building dating to the early 17th century.
Cambuskenneth Abbey is an Augustinian monastery located on an area of land enclosed by a meander of the River Forth near Stirling in Scotland. The abbey today is largely reduced to its foundations, however its bell tower remains.
St Mungo's RC Church
The church is named after Saint Mungo (also known as Saint Kentigern), patron saint and founder of the city of Glasgow. It belongs to the Church of Scotland Presbytery of Stirling and serves the parish of Alloa.
Airth Parish Church
Airth Old Parish Church is a ruined church which stands within the grounds of Airth Castle at Airth, in the Falkirk council area in Scotland. The building is now roofless.
Duncarron is a modern reproduction of a fortified village from the early Middle Ages of Scotland. It is the reconstruction of a typical residence of a Scottish clan chief from the early part of the last millennium.
Logie Kirk is an isolated but operational church east of Stirling in central Scotland serving Church of Scotland pastoral duties in the areas of Cambuskenneth, Bridge of Allan, Causewayhead (eastern Stirling), and formerly the estate of Airthrey Castle (now the grounds of Stirling University). The church lies on the B998 close to the junction with the A91, between Stirling and Menstrie, or more accurately between the Wallace Monument and Blairlogie.
Alloa Tower in Alloa, Clackmannanshire in central Scotland is an early 14th century tower house that served as the medieval residence of the Erskine family, later Earls of Mar. Retaining its original timber roof and battlements, the tower is one of the earliest, and largest, of Scottish tower houses, with immensely thick walls.
Macrobert Arts Centre
Macrobert Arts Centre is a multi-arts venue located on the main campus of the University of Stirling, Scotland. The Arts Centre offers a varied programme of events and experiences – cinema, comedy, dance, exhibitions, family, get involved, music, opera and theatre – catering for audiences from across Stirling, the Forth Valley and beyond.
Mar's Wark is a ruined building in Stirling built 1570–1572 by John Erskine, Regent of Scotland and Earl of Mar, and now in the care of Historic Scotland. Mar intended the building for the principal residence of the Erskine family in Stirling, whose chief had become hereditary keeper of the nearby royal Stirling Castle where the princes of Scotland were schooled.
Stirling (; Scots: Stirlin; Scottish Gaelic: Sruighlea [ˈs̪t̪ɾuʝlə]) is a city in central Scotland, 26 miles (42 km) northeast of Glasgow and 37 miles (60 km) north-west of Edinburgh. The market town, surrounded by rich farmland, grew up connecting the royal citadel, the medieval old town with its merchants and tradesmen, the Old Bridge and the port.
Cowane's Hospital is a 17th-century almshouse in the Old Town of Stirling, Scotland. It was established in 1637 with a bequest of 40,000 merks from the estate of the merchant John Cowane (1570–1633).
The Leighton Library
The Leighton Library, or Bibliotheca Leightoniana, in The Cross, Dunblane, is the oldest purpose built library in Scotland and also has a well-documented history as one of the earliest public subscription libraries in Scotland. Its collection of around 4000 volumes and 78 manuscripts from the 16th to 19th century is founded on the personal collection of Robert Leighton (1611–1684), Minister at Newbattle, Principal of Edinburgh University, Bishop of Dunblane and Archbishop of Glasgow.
Bannockburn House is a property of historical significance in the town of Bannockburn. It is a Category A listed building.
Sauchie Tower, also known as Devon Tower, is a 15th-century tower house in Clackmannanshire, Scotland. The tower is located by the village of Fishcross, 1 kilometre (0.
Keep the places you liked for later stored in your account.Sign up
Twitter for Travelling
Join for free
Wrld is like Twitter but for travelling minded people!
Top places around
Craigmillar Castle is a ruined medieval castle in Edinburgh, Scotland.View more
Cowane's Hospital is a 17th-century almshouse in the Old Town of Stirling, Scotland.View more
Crathes Castle (pronounced KRATH-iss) is a 16th-century castle near Banchory in the Aberdeenshire region of Scotland.View more
Doune Castle is a medieval stronghold near the village of Doune, in the Stirling district of central Scotland.View more